Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Ruts


I know some of the personalities who read inspirational/motivational blogs, because I am one of those people. You are always on, always happy in a group of people, someone that friends turn to in a time of need, someone who stays strong when others aren't. I get it. I want to think I am the person who will end everyone's struggles as we know it.

But take a breath, and unload the pressure. You don't always have to be turned up full throttle. And when you aren't, that's okay. It's life.

When you are not at your peak, feeling down, looking for places or people to turn to, what do you do to pull yourself out of a rut? I know some of you individuals are afraid to turn to friends like some friends have turned to you, because we are the "strong ones". Haha. You know what?
We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot. -- Eleanor Roosevelt

Ruts happen. There would be no highs if there weren't lows. But right now that you are at a low, there are things you can practice to conserve time and energy. People always say "happiness is a choice", but sometimes daily emotions, thoughts, and hormones can take the reigns without warning. When this happens your emotions can be a real buzz kill to your constant happy vibe. So face it. Turn inward and find the cause of the issue and talk to someone about it. Grab the bull by the horns and fight it until you win. Because you will win. You are human and you are more clever than a bull!

When I feel low, there are some things that help me when I don't have a friend (FRIENDS ALWAYS FIRST)
  • Watching a sappy love story and crying is always a good outlet
  • Blogging
  • Shopping at TJ Maxx is therapeutic (so many fun things to look at, and for so cheap!)
  • Working out
  • Yoga
  • Go out for a drink - even alone is fine
  • Create something you can be proud of
  • Do a chore you have been putting off
  • Plan a vacation
How do you escape your ruts? If you haven't figured it out yet, I recommend one of my "go'tos" to get myself back on the ground quickly and efficiently.

Power up my friends and find your peak (in good time)!

No comments:

Post a Comment