Monday, October 14, 2013

I Am Now a Juicer

Today is my birthday. My boyfriend told me last Friday...
I am giving you your birthday gifts on Sunday, and I can't tell you why, but I know you will thank me.
The day he told me this I was already wickedly excited over a package I received in the mail from my mother and sister. Literally everything could possibly ask for was in it scarf, nail polish, jewelry, jewelry stands, cocktail napkins. I am easy to shop for, or just easy to please. Either way I was stoked. JJ also filled my flower vase with roses and filled my belly with dark chocolate. You would think it was Valentines Day! Nonetheless, good boyfriend. After work we golfed 18 and played exponentially better than when I started at the beginning of the summer. It was very rewarding to see some improvement after months of practice.

Friday night we stayed in and spent some quality time as a couple. We do this a lot, but for some reason it always feels like a reward when we get to stay home and do nothing knowing we get to sleep in. Plus we were planning to go HAM Saturday. JJ had gotten tickets to the German Festival downtown Indianapolis. We hung with friends and drank beer. Then we had tacos and tequila for dinner. Nap. HAM. The night flew by into the next morning where we wallowed in pain and had no appetite for solid food. Hangover.

We unwillingly drove a half hour north to celebrate my birthday with JJ's loving family and surprised me with all of my favorite things. All of the seasons of HIMYM and Modern Family were neatly wrapped in Justin Bieber wrapping paper. Boss gifts. Beneath the smaller DVD sized gifts lied one large heavy box. IT WAS A JUICER. My jaw dropped and I gave JJ a look of disbelief. No one in the room but JJ would have any idea that this was something I was into. In fact, they were all put-off by my excitement. They see green drinks and run. JJ had planned to give me the juicer on Sunday so we could juice our hangovers to death. Great plan! We ended up just throwing a shit ton of apples in the juicer and felt the apple-istic vitamins do their magic.


I have always considered myself part of the community that loves recipes and juicing and healthy eating, but I have never had the tools. All I do is cook a lot and make smoothies. Now I officially have the stamp of approval. I think I can truly be called a health nut.

Although juicing diets are absolutely and positively fads, that is not the point of my wannabe juicing instincts. Juicing unlocks another door to a radiant, energetic life, and truly optimal health. A juicer is an opportunity to add more of a variety to my diet which concludes in a healthier lifestyle.  The healing properties of juicing is undeniable if used correctly. Not only will juicing facilitate weight loss, increased energy levels, strengthened immunity, strong bones and a glowing complexion, it may also reduce chances of heart disease, cancer and strokes, three of the leading causes of death. In a way, my boyfriend has given me life for my birthday. Keep your eyes peeled for fun recipes and possible juice remedies. I am now a juicer!

http://www.livinggreensjuice.com/Benefits-of-Juicing-s/1824.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment